I tweaked it a little bit though and here is how...These are the ingredients you will need:
My husband and i are trying harder to be healthy, so we went with a low calorie chocolate cupcake. here is the recipe:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
2. Soften your butter beforehand and cream it with the sugar in a large mixing bowl until it's a nice, light, fluffy mixture.
3. Next, add the egg and egg white separately and beat the mixture well. Use your own manpower or an electric beater to whip it all together.
4. Stir in the buttermilk, water, vinegar and vanilla.
5. Mix your dry ingredients together and then add it to your batter until it's moist.
6. Finally, add in the secret ingredient -- chocolate chips.
7. Now fill your muffin tins 2/3 of the way full of batter.
8. Back for 15-18 minutes.
While you are letting them bake, this is where the fun begins. You will need:
- Orange starbursts
- Green Twizzlers
- Kitchen skewers
- Kitchen scissors
- Green food coloring
- Green frosting
3. Cut off about 1 inch of green Twizzler and then snip it in half vertically. Turn each half into a leafy top by cutting fringe in one end.
4. Insert the carrot tops into the holes in the carrots.
Your carrots are done!
In a baggie, put some coconut and a few drops of food coloring in it, depending on how green you want it to be. Shake it up. When your cupcakes are finished, let them cool. Spread the frosting on them and top with green coconut, to make it look like grass. Insert 2-3 carrots in a cupcake and enjoy your creation!
P.S. Happy Easter!