Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

baby girl tutu

, I absolutely LOVE all things girly.
And that can definitely be seen through my little girl.
When Avrie was first born, I knew I wanted to make her a tutu.  I got a lot of compliments on it and it was SUPER EASY to make!




Instead of typing up all the instructions, I will send to you to this site.

 It is definitely cheaper to make a tutu than to buy one. Mine cost me about 10-12 dollars.  For baby tutus you need to get about 1/2 yard of 1/2 inch wide elastic. You can measure it around her waist after you get it, but you wont need any more than that. You also need to get about 6 yards of tulle. If you decide you want 2 colors you need about 3 yards of each color.  For 3 colors, you will need about 2 yards of each color. Then you cut the tulle in strips 2 inches wide, and cut the length double what you want the final length to be because your going to be folding it in half. For example...I like Avrie's tutus about 7 inches in length so i cut the trips 14 inches long. Hope that helps!

Have fun!
-Nikki




No comments:

Post a Comment