Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Sugar Free Strawberry Cobbler

I have been trying to adjust all of my favorite recipes to be sugar and dairy free. I decided to try this one and it was wonderful. Sorry the picture isn't great, and I forgot to take one before I ate some.....enjoy!

Sugar free Strawberry cobbler

¼ cup butter or margarine , softened- I used a dairy free margarine

1 ¼ cup all purpose flour

3 cups fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise

¼ cup butter or margarine chilled

Beat ¼ cup softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer.

Gradually add ¾ cup honey, beating well.

Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing well.

Combine 1 ¼ cup flour, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl.

Add to butter mixture alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.

Spoon into a greased 8” square baking dish.

Arrange strawberries on top, but side down.

Combine ¼ cup flour and ½ cup Honey Powder.

Cut in ¼ cup chilled butter with pastry blender until crumbly-ish.

Crumble over strawberries.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

I used a round 9” pie plate instead of an 8” square pan. I want to try it next time with blueberries or peaches. Mmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for being sugar free!!!!! I am most definitely making this tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete