Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

flannel baby blankets

This is an easy sewing project that even the beginner can do.
It makes for nice shower gifts or a fun project for your own.
I made these for my baby boy.  I had 3 coupons for 40% off a cut of fabric, and decided to use them today.

I got a 1.25 yards of 4 different fabrics
The best part is you don't have to make any cuts because they are (or should be) the same size as one another!

First I pinned two of the fabrics together, printed side facing inwards toward each other and pinned them together like so.
 

then I sewed the two pieces together, leaving a 4 inch gap open to flip it right side out.  Top stitch your opening to close it off.  After closing it off, I ironed it to get it to lay flat.  Once it is ironed flat, stitch around the edges to give it a nicer look and to keep it in place.  I used a 3/8" seam allowance.
Wha-la!  Finished!


Have fun!
-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment